November 3, 2008

An interesting morning!



Hi-I'm Neen from HeartFelt Rosaries signing in, and still scratching my head after this morning...you have to understand I've had a statue of the Blessed Virgin in my front yard for years. I clean it in the spring and plant blue flowers around it, and in the winter I keep the snow off it. Each morning as I back out the drive, it makes me smile to see it.



I smiled again this morning and went on my way.



At lunch, I stopped home to check on the cats...and something looked different. It took a minute, but there, where Mary stood for years, was a big spot of.....Nothing!



Somebody STOLE my Mary statue! In broad daylight, in a good neighborhood!



At first I was dumbfounded...then mad. But by the time I got the car parked, the bizarreness of it all started to sink in, and I started to laugh.



I have to ask you, guys and girls, WHO, in their right mind, would STEAL a statue of Mary?? I mean, the incongruity of sinning in order to obtain a holy statue is just too funny. What are they going to do with it? I mean, I think the Big Guy is gonna be pretty upset!



So, I bless them with the gift of the statue.
Apparently they need it more than I do. And besides, I still have something to smile at in the morning when I back out the drive. Or even laugh.



Makes my brain hurt, though .


On a more sensible topic, though, here are a couple of my latest Rosaries.
The Sterling Cross on the onyx was handcrafted in Mexico and has a lovely heft and silky smoothness. The Paters are Bali Sterling beads with clear Amethyst on each side to add a little Royal Purple to honor Our Mother--all wrapped as usual in solid sterling wire.
The bronze Rosary has the most fantastic natural cafe-au-lait Mother of Pearl! I am very fussy, and sought out handpicked stones with lots of what they call 'character'--lots of banding and color variations and swirls from almost translucent to pearly tan. Wish you could see it in person, but this will have to do for now!
To see my store, click here --and don't forget to check out ALL the lovely Rosaries our Guild offers!



No comments: